• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RECALL GALILEO SOL & LUNA

RECALL GALILEO SOL & LUNA

Today, 17:04

23rd of December 2015

Voluntary Recall of Certain Recent Galileo Sol and Luna dive computers

Johnson Outdoors Vertriebsgesellschaft mbH (JOV) has notified the competent Product Safety Authorities that it is voluntarily recalling UWATEC Galileo Luna and Sol dive computers sold in the European market beginning May 2015. This letter will provide you with information on the recall along with details on the logistics that will be used to complete the recall.

We learned from a small number of consumer communications that certain Galileo dive computers experienced screen freezes. No injuries have been reported. Out of an abundance of caution, and consistent with our safety-first philosophy, SCUBAPRO is voluntarily recalling dive computers with serial numbers below. All other versions of Galileo computers can be used with confidence in the product’s quality and performance.

The affected products are UWATEC Galileo Luna and Sol dive computers with these serial numbers:
    • Galileo LUNA: from 150422 0058 001 to 150903 0338 005
    • Galileo SOL: from 150423 0202 001 to 150921 0001 005
    JOV is working to ensure affected computers are returned to an authorized SCUBAPRO dealer or to JOV directly. Dealers and consumers will receive free replacement units in early 2016.

If you have any questions, please call us at Technical Services at +49 (0)9129 -90 995-32 or -33 between Monday – Thursday from 8:00 – 12:00 and 13:00 – 17:00 and Friday from 8:00 – 12:00 and 13:00 – 15:00 or email us at technik@Johnsonoutdoors.com

Q. Why is this recall being conducted?
    A. We learned from a small number of consumer communications that certain Galileo dive computers experienced screen freezes. While no injuries have been reported, diver safety is our top priority and we are recalling the computers out of an abundance of caution. This voluntary recall applies to UWATEC Galileo Luna and Sol dive computers sold in the European market beginning May 2015.
    Q. What is the problem with the product?
    A. The computer screen may freeze which may pose a risk of injury to divers who fail to comply with the instructions in the Galileo Owner’s Manual to always dive with back-up equipment.
    Q. How is the Company conducting this recall?
    A. Affected products have been removed from stores and consumers should return them to an authorized SCUBAPRO dealer or to us directly free of charge. Please contact us for a free return. Free replacement units will be shipped to consumers in early 2016.
    Q. How can I tell if my product is affected by the recall?
    A. Only certain, recent models of UWATEC Galileo Luna and Sol dive computers are affected. The model name and UWATEC’s appear on the front of the dive computer. The dive computers being recalled bear the following serial numbers:
    • Galileo SOL: from 150423 0202 001 to 150921 0001 005
    • Galileo LUNA: from 150422 0058 001 to 150903 0338 005
    The serial number is stamped on the back of the computer and printed on labels affixed to the product packaging. All other serial numbers are unaffected.
    Q. How do I participate in the recall?
    A. First, determine if the serial number on your computer matches those affected by the recall. If it does not match, then continue to use your computer with confidence. If it does match, stop using it immediately and return it to our authorized dealer or to us directly. Call us at +49 (0)9129 -90 995-32 or -33 between Monday – Thursday from 8:00 – 12:00 and 13:00 – 17:00 and Friday from 8:00 – 12:00 and 13:00 – 15:00 or email us at technik@Johnsonoutdoors.com for a free return. You may also visit us online at www.scubapro.com and click on “Galileo Recall” for more information.
    Q. Is there anything I should do to prepare the product before returning?
    A. If you wish to retain a record of your dives, please download the dive logs before returning the computer.
    Q. How long will it take for me to receive the free replacement unit?
    A. A free replacement will be shipped to you in early 2016. We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may cause you.
    Q. My product appears to be okay. Can I continue to use it?
    A. No. If your computer model and serial numbers match those affected by this recall, please stop using the product immediately and return it to us to receive a free replacement unit.
    Q. I no longer have the receipt for the product. Can I still return it?
    A. Yes, as long as the model and serial number match those affected by this recall.
    Q. Will I be able to repair the product myself?
    A. No. Please return it to us immediately for your free replacement unit.

Q. Who can I contact if I have further questions?
    A. Contact us online at www.scubapro.com and click on “Galileo Recall” for more information or call our Technical Service Team at +49 (0)9129 -90 995-32 or -33 between Monday – Thursday from 8:00 – 12:00 and 13:00 – 17:00 and Friday from 8:00 – 12:00 and 13:00 – 15:00 or email us at technik@Johnsonoutdoors.com

Comment

A significant movement of the INS is done for the people. All the factors of the success and essay pro are inducted with the help of the considered items or the help of the students for all stages in life.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 124 at 21:40 on 10-11-18.

No user is online now.
      Working...
      X